Założona w 1924 roku przez Adolfa Piepera mała wówczas fabryczka produkująca drewniane wieszaki dla modystek jest dziś ogromnym producentem z szerokim wachlarzem produktów cechujących się różnorodnym materiałem, kolorystyką, zastosowaniem i najwyższą jakością wykonania.
The founding of the company goes back to 1924 when Adolf Pieper and three colleagues started manufacturing wooden clothes hangers in modest, industrial premises in Hamelin Old Town. Together with his wife Elli Pieper, who looked after the company's organisation and book-keeping, Adolf Pieper was able to rapidly expand the business and in 1939 relocate it to the new factory premises on Ohsener Straße, where the head office stands today. In 1946, after the war, production was continued using a great deal of improvisational talent. At the beginning of the nineteen fifties the workforce grew to 20.
In 1954, Günther Pieper joined the family business. In the following decades he succeeded in expanding the company Adolf Pieper into a versatile business. In the best tradition of a family business and after her marriage to Günther Pieper, Renate Pieper took up her defining role in shaping the company. At the end of the nineteen sixties, the company Pieper decided to start manufacturing hangers made from inexpensive synthetic materials. In 1981, the new word mark pieperconcept became a trademark for the different business areas. Its efficiency, first class employees and the way in which it bound the company to first class customers shaped the business culture of pieperconcept.
In 1984, a new product line was built alongside the clothing hangers sold to textile companies and department stores. High quality interior decoration products for the decoration of shop interiors and shop window displays complemented the clothes hangers. The reorganisation of the company into a GmbH & Co. KG (limited partnership with a limited liability company as general partner) and Norbert Fenske's appointment onto the executive board occurred in 1989. In the following years, through the appointments of Cord Wehrmann (sales and production) and Bernd Söhlke (management area B2B-clothes hangers for the textile retail industry, hotels and catering trade), the management board was completed and the generational change was finally concluded. At the IMM in Cologne in 1991, pieperconcept exhibited for the first time as a provider of an innovative, design-orientated living accessories programme.
"Welcome with design" was to become the name for the avant-garde clothes hangers and small pieces of furniture for private residence and property. The takeover of a company based in Hamelin, a former competitor called Union, occurred in 2001. After integration, the brand name UNION lived on in the form of high quality wardrobe hangers, suit stands and trouser presses. Pieperconcept today presents itself as an internationally operating company with multifaceted business areas and a modern, streamlined structure. Marketing, design and development as well as international purchasing have become central to the creation of added value. Efficient sales processes and modern Key Account Management are the basis for the company's future success.